Hidesign JVs with Braccialini
Hidesign JVs with Italy's Braccialini
July 25, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hidesign is all geared up to enter into a joint venture with Italy’s Braccialini. As part of the proposed JV, Hidesign will also set up a new production line at one of its manufacturing units to make Braccialini bags and other leather items.
“Talks are at an advanced stage to form a joint venture with Braccialini. There are some legal issues pending post which we will launch the brand in India,” Hidesign President Dilip Kapur told PTI.
The company currently has four manufacturing sites located at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh and down South. Founded in 1954, brand Braccialini is present in 40 countries with around 43 mono brand stores.
Kapur further said the company is open to new business partnerships and joint ventures. “We also plan to open exclusive Alberto Ciaschini stores,” Kapur also said.
Hidesign already has a joint venture with Kishore Biyani -led Future Group to make bags and accessories under Holii brand.
In India, it currently operates 63 company-owned exclusive retail stores and Hidesign products are also sold at about 65 shop-in-shops at multi-brand retail stores.
“In the next 18 months we have a plan to have a total of 100 exclusive stores. One store costs around Rs. 40-50 lakh,” he added in conclusion.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore