Hushbabies acquires Mangostreet
Will create a strong supply chain and increase SKUs.August 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hushbabies.com, a leading baby care e-commerce player has acquired online kids retailer, Mangostreet.com, a leading online kids brand with a wide range of products like clothes, accessories, etc. Mangostreet.com was founded by two brothers – Mohit and Rahul four years ago. During this time, they have built tremendous expertise across the supply chain for key product lines in the baby and kids space. With this acquisition, the MangoStreet founders would join the management team at HushBabies. They will be creating a strong supply chain and adding private labels, which is Mangostreet’s USP. They currently have 15,000 SKUs and plan to double the same in the coming one year. They are also looking at double digit growth month on month.
Commenting on the acquisition, Sridhar Seshadri, CEO, Hushbabies.com said, “Mohit and Rahul bring an excellent combination of entrepreneurial energy and operational expertise in this space. We are delighted to bring them on board the Hushbabies team.”
“We are extremely excited to work with our new colleagues at Hushbabies.com. The team is strong and energetic and we believe that we can contribute to the rapid growth of the Hushbabies business,” said Mohit Yadav, co-founder and CEO of Mangostreet.com.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end