Kishore Biyani introduces Ethnicity Store Format in Ahmedabad
The pioneer of organised retail in India, the Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group has launched Ethnicity in Ahmedabad.
October 22, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
The pioneer of organised retail in India, the Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group has launched Ethnicity in Ahmedabad. Despite the closing of two Big Bazaar outlets in Ahmedabad, the launching evokes curiosity. But Biyani asserts, “With Nano happening in Gujarat, there is so much positivity around the state. If Nano can happen, so can Ethnicity”. The target customer is urban Indian consumer who is looking for exclusive ethnic product-mix during marriages and festivals. Mr. Biyani shares, “It is an attempt to go back to our roots and create a niche category of ethnic wear and products like mojris, semi-precious jewellery, handbags, home decor products, handicraft, etc”. Future group is planning to set up eight Ethnicity stores across India in the next two years with an investment of Rs 8 crore per store spread over 25,000-30,000 square feet. Future group, which is famous and has gained expertise in experimenting and venturing up new horizons, is also planning to open John Miller’s first stand alone store in Mumbai. “We are going to open the first stand-alone outlet of John Miller in Mumbai on Friday. The outlet will be located at Kala Ghoda and at the same store where I had started my first journey as an apparel supplier” confirms Biyani.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India