Kishore Biyani introduces Ethnicity Store Format in Ahmedabad
The pioneer of organised retail in India, the Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group has launched Ethnicity in Ahmedabad.
October 22, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
The pioneer of organised retail in India, the Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Group has launched Ethnicity in Ahmedabad. Despite the closing of two Big Bazaar outlets in Ahmedabad, the launching evokes curiosity. But Biyani asserts, “With Nano happening in Gujarat, there is so much positivity around the state. If Nano can happen, so can Ethnicity”. The target customer is urban Indian consumer who is looking for exclusive ethnic product-mix during marriages and festivals. Mr. Biyani shares, “It is an attempt to go back to our roots and create a niche category of ethnic wear and products like mojris, semi-precious jewellery, handbags, home decor products, handicraft, etc”. Future group is planning to set up eight Ethnicity stores across India in the next two years with an investment of Rs 8 crore per store spread over 25,000-30,000 square feet. Future group, which is famous and has gained expertise in experimenting and venturing up new horizons, is also planning to open John Miller’s first stand alone store in Mumbai. “We are going to open the first stand-alone outlet of John Miller in Mumbai on Friday. The outlet will be located at Kala Ghoda and at the same store where I had started my first journey as an apparel supplier” confirms Biyani.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWebâ€™s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi