Launch of Himachal Yatra
In a first of its kind initiative, Himachal Pradesh government along with the Future Group, has announced a strategic partnership with the signing of MoU to promote the Brand ‘Himachal’
September 16, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
In a first of its kind initiative, Himachal Pradesh government along with the Future Group, has announced a strategic partnership with the signing of MoU to promote the Brand ‘Himachal’, wherein the two will partner to develop various ‘source-to-market’ initiatives and facilitate in creating and enhancing livelihood for over 25,000 families in the State.
In celebration of the association, Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal, Honorable Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and Kishore Biyani, Group CEO, Future Group launched the ‘Himachal Yatra’ – as part of the first phase of this initiative. ‘Himachal Yatra’ will provide a national platform to showcase and market outreach to the State’s produce and services through Big Bazaar stores.
Dhumal said, “This initiative to provide direct market linkages to the agriculture and horticulture produce of the State would benefit the farmers at large by showcasing Himachali products in Big Bazaar stores in 85 cities and 60 rural locations across the country. We were encouraging farmers of the State to compete in the international markets dominated by China at present. We are committed to create sustainable livelihood opportunities for rural poor in Himachal Pradesh with particular focus on women empowerment besides projecting the Brand Himachal on a national as well as international platform.”
The venture would also provide direct retail market linkage to handloom and handicrafts products of Himachal Pradesh.
Biyani opined, “Our retail reach and distribution enables us to support livelihood initiatives for producers in various parts of the country and deliver fresh and healthy food options for our customers. This initiative is focussed on creating demand for the high-quality agricultural produce that the state of Himachal Pradesh is famous for and aims to bring the market benefits to the people of the State. This initiative will serve as a platform for Brand Himachal, its people and products in reaching out a much larger customer base.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021