Levi Strauss appoints new CFO
The denim biggie announces the appointment of Harmit Singh as its Global CFO.December 15, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Levi Strauss & Co, the denim biggie, announces the appointment of Harmit Singh as its Global Chief Financial Officer, making him the second Indian on the denim major’s leadership team after Chief Human Resource Officer Varun Bhatia. Before Levi Strauss, Harmit was the CFO of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. He will take up his new role on January 16.
“Harmit has extensive experience in developing and implementing growth strategies for companies that serve consumers around the globe,” Chip Bergh, president and CEO of Levi Strauss & Co, said in a statement. “His combination of financial and operational expertise, global experience and deep understanding of Asia will make him a strong addition to our leadership team at Levi Strauss & Co.”
Singh, an alumni of Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi, has almost 30 years of working experience that includes more than a decade at Yum! Brands and eight years at American Express India.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2