Mafatlal to review and revive some stores
Mafatlal Industries Ltd, flagship of Rs 2,000-crore Arvind Mafatlal group, is planning to relocate or revive nearly 65 of its exclusive
January 08, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mafatlal Industries Ltd, flagship of Rs 2,000-crore Arvind Mafatlal group, is planning to relocate or revive nearly 65 of its exclusive ‘Mafatlal’ branded family retail stores in cities with low demand. These stores form nearly a fifth of the 362, mostly franchisee-operated Mafatlal retail stores in cities like Baroda, Pune, Akola, and Sholapur etc.
The company cited low growth as the reason behind the decision. The low growth is because the consumer demand is low in the middle end of the branded retail market. In order to revive them, the stores will change their product mix and appoint well-trained staff to make sure that footfalls are converted into sales. Mafatlal’s competition is with Grasim, Vimal and Siyaram, among others in Tier-II & III cities. Mafatlal plans to increase its exclusive stores to 500 in Tier-II & III cities in two years. It is aiming at revenues of Rs 200 crore, up from Rs 60 crore now.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021