Manthan targets Thai retailers
Manthan, Infolyst and HP host event for Thai retailers on benefits from the ASEAN Economic Community.September 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Manthan Systems hosted an event ‘A1000 paths to profit in Retail’, in Bangkok, Thailand. Partnered by Infolyst and HP, the keynote speaker at the event was Dr Thanawat Polvichai, Director of Center for Economic and Business Forecasting of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce.
In his session on ‘Are Thai modern-trade retailers ready for Asian Economic Community’,Dr Thanawat dwelled on the challenges and opportunities for Thai retailers thrown up by ASEAN Economic Community, which envisages a common market for the region by 2015.
He touched upon the effects of the ASEAN Economic Community and explained how retailers in Thailand have to be ready to face the potential challenge of overseas retailers entering the market and the opportunity in hand for retailers in Thailand to explore overseas market.
“We are sure that this session will be of immense help to all the retailers in Thailand who have questions about how to not just sustain, but grow their business in these highly competitive times,” asserts Atul Jalan, CEO at Manthan Systems.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India