Manthan targets Thai retailers
Manthan, Infolyst and HP host event for Thai retailers on benefits from the ASEAN Economic Community.September 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Manthan Systems hosted an event ‘A1000 paths to profit in Retail’, in Bangkok, Thailand. Partnered by Infolyst and HP, the keynote speaker at the event was Dr Thanawat Polvichai, Director of Center for Economic and Business Forecasting of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce.
In his session on ‘Are Thai modern-trade retailers ready for Asian Economic Community’,Dr Thanawat dwelled on the challenges and opportunities for Thai retailers thrown up by ASEAN Economic Community, which envisages a common market for the region by 2015.
He touched upon the effects of the ASEAN Economic Community and explained how retailers in Thailand have to be ready to face the potential challenge of overseas retailers entering the market and the opportunity in hand for retailers in Thailand to explore overseas market.
“We are sure that this session will be of immense help to all the retailers in Thailand who have questions about how to not just sustain, but grow their business in these highly competitive times,” asserts Atul Jalan, CEO at Manthan Systems.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka