Marcelo Villagran to resign as Bata MD
Rajeev Gopalakrishnan to take over as the next MD
August 31, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
With a view to implement the business plans for the next few years in the Bata Group, there have been certain changes recommended by the Board of Bata Shoe Organization (BSO). Mr Marcelo Villagran, Group Managing Director, Bata Emerging Markets, India has been promoted to the position of overall in-charge as the Group Managing Director to look after the entire business of the Latin American Region. He will, therefore, be resigning from his current position as the Managing Director of Bata India Limited with effect from September 30, 2011. Mr Rajeev Gopalakrishnan shall be taking over as the Managing Director of Bata India Limited after Villagran resigns.
Mr Gopalakrishnan has been working closely with Mr Marcelo Villagran to ensure continuity and smooth transition for achieving the business plan and goals of Bata India Limited as well as that of BSO. Mr Rajeev Gopalakrishnan has worked in the company in different executive positions. He was then promoted as the Managing Director of Bata- Thailand and subsequently he became the Managing Director of Bata-Bangladesh.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021