Marcelo Villagran to resign as Bata MD
Rajeev Gopalakrishnan to take over as the next MD
August 31, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
With a view to implement the business plans for the next few years in the Bata Group, there have been certain changes recommended by the Board of Bata Shoe Organization (BSO). Mr Marcelo Villagran, Group Managing Director, Bata Emerging Markets, India has been promoted to the position of overall in-charge as the Group Managing Director to look after the entire business of the Latin American Region. He will, therefore, be resigning from his current position as the Managing Director of Bata India Limited with effect from September 30, 2011. Mr Rajeev Gopalakrishnan shall be taking over as the Managing Director of Bata India Limited after Villagran resigns.
Mr Gopalakrishnan has been working closely with Mr Marcelo Villagran to ensure continuity and smooth transition for achieving the business plan and goals of Bata India Limited as well as that of BSO. Mr Rajeev Gopalakrishnan has worked in the company in different executive positions. He was then promoted as the Managing Director of Bata- Thailand and subsequently he became the Managing Director of Bata-Bangladesh.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2