Marico eyes more revenue from overseas
Marico expects 45 per cent of its skincare revenue to come from overseas and is scouting for acquisitions in Africa and Asia.
June 09, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Marico expects 45 per cent of its skincare revenue to come from overseas and is scouting for acquisitions in Africa and Asia. It intends to set up skincare clinics in Singapore and Thailand shortly.
In India, Marico is looking at acquisitions in the beauty and wellness segment. To beat the competition Marico is currently drawing up a fresh game plan. On the company's growth strategy, Marico head (M&A) Chaitnaya Deshpande said that the company’s core strategy is to expand consumer franchise of all its brands in India and overseas. This will be achieved through a combination of brand building initiatives and by expanding distribution network.
Presently, Marico's distribution network covers 33 lakh retail outlets across the country. Marico Group recorded a turnover of Rs 2,661 crore last fiscal. Its brand portfolio includes, Parachute, Sweekar, Saffola, Hair & Care, Mediker, Nihar, Revive, Kaya, Fiancée, and Hair Code etc.
Marico has been leveraging its presence in different markets; last year, Marico launched Hair Code hair dye in Bangladesh.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2