Marico eyes more revenue from overseas
Marico expects 45 per cent of its skincare revenue to come from overseas and is scouting for acquisitions in Africa and Asia.
June 09, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Marico expects 45 per cent of its skincare revenue to come from overseas and is scouting for acquisitions in Africa and Asia. It intends to set up skincare clinics in Singapore and Thailand shortly.
In India, Marico is looking at acquisitions in the beauty and wellness segment. To beat the competition Marico is currently drawing up a fresh game plan. On the company's growth strategy, Marico head (M&A) Chaitnaya Deshpande said that the company’s core strategy is to expand consumer franchise of all its brands in India and overseas. This will be achieved through a combination of brand building initiatives and by expanding distribution network.
Presently, Marico's distribution network covers 33 lakh retail outlets across the country. Marico Group recorded a turnover of Rs 2,661 crore last fiscal. Its brand portfolio includes, Parachute, Sweekar, Saffola, Hair & Care, Mediker, Nihar, Revive, Kaya, Fiancée, and Hair Code etc.
Marico has been leveraging its presence in different markets; last year, Marico launched Hair Code hair dye in Bangladesh.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021