Marks & Spencerís 2nd store in Pune
The new store is in line with the brandís new international strategy
July 13, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Marks & Spencer opened its brand new store at the Market City Mall in Pune, the retailer's second store in the city. The new 19,000 square foot store is in line with Marks & Spencer's new international strategy to build a strong presence in India. Marks & Spencer now has 21 stores in India and plans to open a further 8 stores in this Financial Year.
Martin Jones, CEO of Marks & Spencer Reliance India, said: "With a population of over 9 million, Pune offers us an exciting opportunity to grow our business in India and we're delighted to have secured such a prime shopping location for our second store in the city. Throughout the year we've continued to increase our local sourcing, now at over 50%, to ensure that we offer the right products, at the right prices for our customers in India."
The new Marks & Spencer store will showcase an extensive range of quality fashions and accessories across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, lingerie and beauty. Popular M&S fashion ranges available will include:-
Limited Collection - Marks & Spencer's fashion focused range that is always first with the key catwalk trends of the season.
per una - The feminine and confident womens wear range with an emphasis on embellishment and quality fabrics.
Blue Harbour - Marks & Spencer's menswear range that offers classic casual styles.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category