Marks & Spencer to launch six more stores in 2 months
Marks & Spencer started its first store in the country in 2001.February 11, 2019 | comments ( 0 ) |
Marks & Spencer (M&S), the British multinational retailer, will be launching six more stores in the next two months in India.
Marks & Spencer started its first store in the country in 2001. In April 2008, the brand signed a joint venture agreement with Reliance Retail to form Marks & Spencer Reliance India.
Currently, Marks & Spencer has 71 stores across 30 cities such as New Delhi, Amritsar, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Bhopal, Kanpur, Hyderabad and Chandigarh among others.
James Munson, Managing Director, Marks & Spencer Reliance India, said, "India has become increasingly an important market for us. We are now the largest market for M&S outside of our home market. We are 71 stores today and we continue to invest in this market. We opened nine stores in the last six months and it is our intention to open six more in the next 60 days."
Last year, the company clocked a revenue of Rs 908 crore. Marks & Spencer has been growing at a CAGR of 24% over the last five years.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear