Megamart to invest 50 crore in expansion
Megamart, the multi-brand retail chain of integrated textile and apparel maker Arvind Ltd, is set to reposition its business
October 14, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Megamart, the multi-brand retail chain of integrated textile and apparel maker Arvind Ltd, is set to reposition its business presence by becoming an all-in-one family store from being a predominantly men's apparel retailer. The company plans to invest Rs 50 crore in expansion during the year.
“While the shift is gradual with women's brands and kidswear gradually getting stacked up in the stores, this is likely to get accelerated making this a total family store,” said J. Suresh, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Arvind Lifestyle Brands Ltd.
With over 225 stores in operation across two formats — Megamart and Big Megamart mostly in the South, Arvind is looking at stepping up the action by opening stores in other parts of the country. The company will initially focus on Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and later on Andhra Pradesh. These together constitute major chunk of the 225 stores with about 30 odd stores in Maharashtra, including Mumbai.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka