Moving up the scale
Arvind Revenue up 21%, profit after tax up 48%.
Tags: ArvindMay 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arvind Limited recorded 21 per cent growth in revenue and 48 per cent growth in profit after tax for the full year ending 31 st March 2012. Revenue for the year stood at Rs 4,925 crore as against Rs 4,085 crore for the previous year. Net profit after tax from ordinary activity stood at Rs 245 crore compared to Rs 165 crore in the previous financial year.
The growth is said to be driven by 44 per cent growth in brands and retail business and significant increases in prices of fabrics caused by very high cotton prices. The textile business grew by 15 per cent. The consolidated revenue for the quarter ended 31 st March 2012, is up by six per cent at Rs 1,278 crore as against Rs 1,202 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Commenting on the results as well as outlook of the company, Jayesh Shah, Director & Chief Financial Officer said: “The Financial year 2011-12 was extremely challenging year for Arvind. The year was characterised by global slowdown, weak retail demand at home, high volatility in cotton prices and foreign exchange and higher interest cost.”
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India