Myntra raises $ 50 million
Received funding will be used to scale up businessFebruary 06, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The popular e-commerce retailer Myntra has raised $50 million (nearly Rs.300 crore) in a fresh round of financing led by Premji Invest along with existing and new investors. The funds raised would be used for enhancing technology, infrastructure and customer experience, as well as for future growth initiatives.
Since its launch in 2007, Myntra has raised nearly $75 million (about Rs 450 crore) from investors including Accel Partners and Tiger Global.
Mukesh Bansal, Co-Founder and CEO, Myntra, said, “This round of funding will allow us to scale up our operations.”
Bansal added, “We are confident of achieving $1 billion gross merchandise value by 2016, and would be the largest fashion destination in the country.”
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years