NCR Enhances Compact Self-Checkout Solution
NCR today unveiled the industry’s first personal-sized checkout solution (50 percent smaller than the standard NCR one-bag self-checkout) to provide fully integrated security features..
January 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
NCR today unveiled the industry’s first personal-sized checkout solution (50 percent smaller than the standard NCR one-bag self-checkout) to provide fully integrated security features, the enhanced NCR SelfServ Checkout Mini.
The new enhancements to the NCR SelfServ Checkout Mini are ideal for retailers who want to extend the benefits of self-checkout to customers, or wish to augment existing self-service checkout capabilities, but have a limited amount of floor space to do so.
The integrated security features include NCR’s self-learning, weight-based security scale, an intervention light, which will notify the attendant when a shopper needs assistance or intervention is required and full compatibility with remote desktop attendant stations for security monitoring.
“The enhanced NCR SelfServ Checkout Mini creates new value for retailers by delivering a secure, self-service checkout terminal that readily fits their floor layout,” said Navroze Dastur, general manager, South Asia for channel partners and strategic alliances, NCR. “We look forward to helping convenience stores, quick food markets and other retailers with limited space bring self-checkout to their customers with this enhanced solution.”
The NCR SelfServ Checkout Mini is a fully integrated, compact checkout solution, including a large, 17-inch touch screen, NCR’s patented 2ST™ two-sided receipt printer, presentation scanner and optional hand-held scanner and coupon collection device. The solution is available in floor-standing or countertop configurations.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021