New Business Head of Philips Lighting India
Philips India yesterday announced the appointment of Nirupam Sahay
May 03, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Philips India yesterday announced the appointment of Nirupam Sahay as the Business Head of Philips Lighting India. Prior to this, Nirupam Sahay was Senior Director - Marketing at Philips Lighting India.
In his new role, Nirupam Sahay will be responsible for the complete Philips Lighting business in India.
Rajeev Chopra, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Philips India, said, “We are pleased that Nirupam Sahay accepts the appointment to lead the India Lighting organization. His strong executive and personal qualities have helped him win the respect of employees, customers and partners. With Nirupam at the helm, the company will greatly benefit from his insight and experience and we all look forward to his contributions.”
Speaking on his appointment, Nirupam said, “I am truly delighted to accept this new role. With its strong leadership position in the consumer and professional segments in India and a strong team in place, Philips Lighting is uniquely positioned to drive energy efficient lighting, including exciting new technologies like LED, and build new businesses like Home Decorative Lighting and Modular Switches.”
With a career spanning over 17 years, Nirupam has extensive experience in Sales, Marketing and P&L Management at Philips, GE Capital, Whirlpool and Asian Paints. He graduated from St. Stephen's College, Delhi and earned his MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India