New Business Head of Philips Lighting India
Philips India yesterday announced the appointment of Nirupam Sahay
May 03, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Philips India yesterday announced the appointment of Nirupam Sahay as the Business Head of Philips Lighting India. Prior to this, Nirupam Sahay was Senior Director - Marketing at Philips Lighting India.
In his new role, Nirupam Sahay will be responsible for the complete Philips Lighting business in India.
Rajeev Chopra, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Philips India, said, “We are pleased that Nirupam Sahay accepts the appointment to lead the India Lighting organization. His strong executive and personal qualities have helped him win the respect of employees, customers and partners. With Nirupam at the helm, the company will greatly benefit from his insight and experience and we all look forward to his contributions.”
Speaking on his appointment, Nirupam said, “I am truly delighted to accept this new role. With its strong leadership position in the consumer and professional segments in India and a strong team in place, Philips Lighting is uniquely positioned to drive energy efficient lighting, including exciting new technologies like LED, and build new businesses like Home Decorative Lighting and Modular Switches.”
With a career spanning over 17 years, Nirupam has extensive experience in Sales, Marketing and P&L Management at Philips, GE Capital, Whirlpool and Asian Paints. He graduated from St. Stephen's College, Delhi and earned his MBA from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021