New European CEO for Damco
Damco, one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management solutions, has appointed Flemming Frost as new CEO for Europe.
December 01, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Damco, one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management solutions, has appointed Flemming Frost as new CEO for Europe. His major task will be to grow Damco’s market presence. Flemming Frost will, from January 1, 2012, assume the role as CEO for Damco’s activities in Europe, replacing Kim Hedegaard Sorensen.
“Damco has a strong team in Europe and an exciting portfolio of customers, which will enable further growth, both in mature and developing markets”, said Flemming and added, “The current economic climate puts a lot of pressure on customers supply chain and transportation related costs and I believe Damco is well positioned to help reduce these costs”.
Flemming Frost has been with the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group for 27 years, and comes from a position in Damco, North Asia overseeing the branch operations in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. He has held different positions in North Asia over the past 7 years. Before that he was globally responsible for the Ocean, Air and VAS products, domiciled in Copenhagen. Flemming has a total of 12 years experience within the industry. Flemming will be part of the Damco Global Leadership Team and report to Rolf Habben-Jansen, CEO Damco. He will be working from the Damco European Regional Head Office in Rotterdam.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG