New MD at World Gold Council
Somasundaram PR takes charge.
Tags: World Gold CouncilFebruary 11, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
The World Gold Council has appointed Somasundaram PR as Managing Director, India. Somasundarum PR (Som) will be based in Mumbai, where he will be responsible for leading the World Gold Council’s activities across the Indian market.
Som has over 27 years’ experience of diverse industries and sectors. Som joins the World Gold Council from Lakshmi Vilas Bank, where he was Chief Executive Officer. Before that, he spent eight years at Standard Chartered Bank in India where he held senior positions including Managing Director of Standard Chartered – STCI Capital Markets, the securities arm of Standard Chartered Bank. Som has also gained valuable experience of other sectors having spent over 13 years with Hindustan Unilever (HUL) in a variety of national and international roles, as well as working at Tata Consultancy Services. Som is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Commenting on the appointment, Aram Shishmanian, Chief Executive Officer, World Gold Council said, “India is one of the most important gold markets in the world and this is a critical appointment as we seek to further develop new markets and strong partnerships. Som is a proven leader with an outstanding track record. His experience and expertise gained in both the consumer and banking sectors will be invaluable as we continue to work to develop an appropriate role for gold in meeting the needs of investors as they seek to accumulate and protect their wealth.”
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India