New MD for Sony India
Kenichiro Hibi to undertake India operations.June 21, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony India has announced the appointment of Kenichiro Hibi as its new Managing Director, overseeing Sony’s operations in the region with effect from July 1, 2012. Hibi will be responsible for spearheading the overall growth and profitability of the company within the region, by driving robust business strategy, providing thought leadership and guiding excellence in market performance across all categories.
Hibi brings with him over 23 years of diversified experience in Sony, with a host of senior level positions to his credit. His last role was as Managing Director, Sony CIS, where he played a crucial role in making this region emerge as one of the most potential contributors in Sony’s global growth map.
Hibi will be replacing Masaru Tamagawa, the current Managing Director, Sony India, who will move on to the position of President, Sony Europe, with effect from July 1, 2012.
Announcing the new appointment, Haruyasu Nagata, SVP in charge of Global Sales and Marketing, Sony Corporation, said, “I am delighted to appoint Kenichiro Hibi as the new Managing Director for Sony India. He has already successfully contributed to Sony’s growth in the rapidly evolving Russia market, and we are confident that his experience and expertise will take our Indian operations to the next level.”
Expressing his delight on the appointment, Kenichiro Hibi said, “India is one of the key markets for Sony globally, with an immense growth potential across categories. I am excited to continue Sony’s journey to success in one of the most dynamic markets in the world.”
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years