PVR applies NEC applications
Enhances focus on entertainment, F&B and gaming industry.August 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEC India at PVR Cinemas will provide its state-of-the-art retail solutions, including the latest ‘TWINPOS G Series’ – 3700G2, G5 and G7 models at 12 locations in India, including PVR’s food courts, bowling alleys and multiplexes. In line with the strategy to increase focus on entertainment, F&B and the gaming businesses, this implementation will help PVR streamline its retail functions at a radically low total cost of ownership (TCO) through its exceptional serviceability, reliability and power conservation while enhancing the customer experience.
The ‘TWINPOS G Series’ was developed based on the expertise acquired through years of successful deployment for leading global retail and service companies, and is designed to meet an ever expanding range of market needs.
Jitender Verma, Chief Information Officer, PVR Ltd. said, “It has been a strategic decision to appoint NEC as retail solution partner for PVR. With NEC’s assistance, we strongly believe it will improve our service to customers and create a modern ambiance to our properties. We chose NEC because of their reputation, expertise and experience in supporting retail chain stores worldwide.”
Commenting on this achievement, Amit Bhatia, Head-Retail Solutions, NEC India said, “NEC has been a premier player in the retail technology domain globally and we are honored to be selected as a preferred vendor by the PVR Cinemas further validating our commitment and technological expertise in the sector. With this win, we look forward to strengthening our foothold in the entertainment, gaming & F&B industry. These verticals hold immense potential in India and it is our endeavor to help brands adopt technology to enhance the customer experience like never before. We aim to double our market share in this space by the end of this financial year.”
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore