PVR applies NEC applications
Enhances focus on entertainment, F&B and gaming industry.August 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEC India at PVR Cinemas will provide its state-of-the-art retail solutions, including the latest ‘TWINPOS G Series’ – 3700G2, G5 and G7 models at 12 locations in India, including PVR’s food courts, bowling alleys and multiplexes. In line with the strategy to increase focus on entertainment, F&B and the gaming businesses, this implementation will help PVR streamline its retail functions at a radically low total cost of ownership (TCO) through its exceptional serviceability, reliability and power conservation while enhancing the customer experience.
The ‘TWINPOS G Series’ was developed based on the expertise acquired through years of successful deployment for leading global retail and service companies, and is designed to meet an ever expanding range of market needs.
Jitender Verma, Chief Information Officer, PVR Ltd. said, “It has been a strategic decision to appoint NEC as retail solution partner for PVR. With NEC’s assistance, we strongly believe it will improve our service to customers and create a modern ambiance to our properties. We chose NEC because of their reputation, expertise and experience in supporting retail chain stores worldwide.”
Commenting on this achievement, Amit Bhatia, Head-Retail Solutions, NEC India said, “NEC has been a premier player in the retail technology domain globally and we are honored to be selected as a preferred vendor by the PVR Cinemas further validating our commitment and technological expertise in the sector. With this win, we look forward to strengthening our foothold in the entertainment, gaming & F&B industry. These verticals hold immense potential in India and it is our endeavor to help brands adopt technology to enhance the customer experience like never before. We aim to double our market share in this space by the end of this financial year.”
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019
- Over 50 Indian companies aims to expand operations to RAKEZ in UAE
- Xiaomi clocks about Rs 23k cr revenue within 4 years of operations