PVR's big plans for small towns
Brings nano format cinemas; to set up 500 screens by 2015.April 03, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
PVR Cinemas with its plans of expanding its presence in India has launched a new cinema format for smaller cities. The entertainment biggie has come up with ‘nano’ cinemas named as PVR Talkies. These cinemas will have an area average of 50 to 60 sq ft. less than the usual area of 30,000 to 40,000 sq. ft. There are plans to open 75 theatres this year and to set up 500 screens by 2015. PVR is all set to heat the Indian market with a target to expand in 40 cities from 20 at present.
The company has tied up with several developers keeping in mind the real estate cost, economies of scale, ticket sales and higher food and beverages income. PVR now owns 93 per cent of the BSE-listed Cinemax.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2