PVR's big plans for small towns
Brings nano format cinemas; to set up 500 screens by 2015.April 03, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
PVR Cinemas with its plans of expanding its presence in India has launched a new cinema format for smaller cities. The entertainment biggie has come up with ‘nano’ cinemas named as PVR Talkies. These cinemas will have an area average of 50 to 60 sq ft. less than the usual area of 30,000 to 40,000 sq. ft. There are plans to open 75 theatres this year and to set up 500 screens by 2015. PVR is all set to heat the Indian market with a target to expand in 40 cities from 20 at present.
The company has tied up with several developers keeping in mind the real estate cost, economies of scale, ticket sales and higher food and beverages income. PVR now owns 93 per cent of the BSE-listed Cinemax.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India