Parag Milk on the ‘Go’
Set to expand potfolio, to launch milkshakes and flavoured milk.June 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Parag Milk Foods, the maker of Gowardhan brand of milk, curd, ghee and cheese, will soon make a foray into milkshakes segment as well. “We will launch milkshakes in the next three to four months. The research and development is still going on,” said Devendra Shah, Chairman, Parag Milk Foods.
The company is also expecting a 4growth of over 35 per cent this fiscal. “We clocked revenues of Rs 875 crore in FY 2012. We are expecting it to move up to around Rs 1,200 crore this fiscal,” he said. He said that the company is also increasing its distribution network and should be present in 100 towns soon. “We plan to expand more into the Eastern and Northern markets. We have plans to open 150 exclusive stores in big cities by next January. The new stores will be on a franchise model,” Shah added.
The company has invested close to Rs 110 crore for a plant in Andhra Pradesh, which has ultra heat treatment (UHT) technology. “Our new plant in Andhra with the UHT technology has been commissioned and has a capacity of seven to eight lakh litres per day. It is basically for tetra pack products. “This year, we have invested Rs 40 crore for this. Besides, we have invested Rs 70 crore in the plant for infrastructure,” he said. This is the first time that the company will be launching tetra pack products.
The firm, which also has a plant at Manchar near Pune, aims to capture a volume share of 10 per cent in the 11 lakh litre a day market within the next three months. The dairy company also plans to launch flavoured milk using the UHT technology.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021