Paul & Shark enters Chennai
The company is into a 50:50 joint venture with Reliance Brands
June 02, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
After a successful launch of its stores in Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai, Italian luxury sportswear brand Paul & Shark has recently unveiled its store in Chennai. Located at Express Avenue Mall, the store occupies an area of 2000 sq.ft. The brand has entered India through a 50:50 joint venture with Reliance Brands Ltd.
Commenting on the launch Darshan Mehta, president & CEO, Reliance Brands Ltd, said “We are proud to be the early movers in bringing the first men’s luxury brand to Chennai. Chennai has a rich textile history and heritage (we gave the name “Madras checks” to the world!) and a tradition of discerning consumers that appreciate fine craftsmanship. With new age industries such as automobiles, IT, knowledge sourcing etc., the city now also has a growing tribe of young and cosmopolitan customers that are international in their mindsets.”
The new store offers the Indian consumers a complete menswear collection that can be worn in diverse social occasions. The summer collection includes a bright and colorful selection of casual yet elegant polos and shirts, trousers, shorts amongst others.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG