Paul & Shark enters Chennai
The company is into a 50:50 joint venture with Reliance Brands
June 02, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
After a successful launch of its stores in Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai, Italian luxury sportswear brand Paul & Shark has recently unveiled its store in Chennai. Located at Express Avenue Mall, the store occupies an area of 2000 sq.ft. The brand has entered India through a 50:50 joint venture with Reliance Brands Ltd.
Commenting on the launch Darshan Mehta, president & CEO, Reliance Brands Ltd, said “We are proud to be the early movers in bringing the first men’s luxury brand to Chennai. Chennai has a rich textile history and heritage (we gave the name “Madras checks” to the world!) and a tradition of discerning consumers that appreciate fine craftsmanship. With new age industries such as automobiles, IT, knowledge sourcing etc., the city now also has a growing tribe of young and cosmopolitan customers that are international in their mindsets.”
The new store offers the Indian consumers a complete menswear collection that can be worn in diverse social occasions. The summer collection includes a bright and colorful selection of casual yet elegant polos and shirts, trousers, shorts amongst others.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end