Philips to expand kitchen portfolio
To add kitchen appliances from Povos basket.March 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Philips Electronics India is expanding its product portfolio by adding more kitchen appliances from its global portfolio. Reports suggest that the company could also bring high-end products from the global range. All these products will be retailed under the brand name, Preethi.
According to Rajeev Chopra, Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of the company, the Philips team is studying in detail possible products that could be brought to India from its Povos basket in China.
The company is of the view that a lot of products from Povos can be brought into India. The company is studying the relevance of products and also the customisation that these products would require.
Last year, the company's Dutch parent, Royal Philips Electronics, had acquired Povos Electric Appliance Co in China, soon after it bought out the Chennai-based Preethi Appliances.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2