Philips to expand kitchen portfolio
To add kitchen appliances from Povos basket.March 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Philips Electronics India is expanding its product portfolio by adding more kitchen appliances from its global portfolio. Reports suggest that the company could also bring high-end products from the global range. All these products will be retailed under the brand name, Preethi.
According to Rajeev Chopra, Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of the company, the Philips team is studying in detail possible products that could be brought to India from its Povos basket in China.
The company is of the view that a lot of products from Povos can be brought into India. The company is studying the relevance of products and also the customisation that these products would require.
Last year, the company's Dutch parent, Royal Philips Electronics, had acquired Povos Electric Appliance Co in China, soon after it bought out the Chennai-based Preethi Appliances.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021