Quikr secures $60 million funding from investors
Online classifieds firm Quikr today said it has raised USD 60 million funding for business expansion, says a PTI report.September 18, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds firm Quikr today said it has raised USD 60 million funding for business expansion, says a PTI report.
Tiger Global Management along with all existing investors in the company participated in the funding, Quikr said. The current investors are Kinnevik, Matrix Partners India, Nokia Growth Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Omidyar Network, Warburg Pincus and eBay Inc.
"The explosive growth in mobile Internet is fundamentally reshaping the Indian classified Internet market, and we are well-positioned to be at the forefront of growth," Quikr founder and CEO Pranay Chulet said in a statement.
Besides, Quikr is a large-scale cross-category online classifieds business with more than 30 million monthly consumer and small businesses users in 940 cities, according toPTI.
"Quikr has grown rapidly to become one of India's major classifieds players with a deep understanding of the local market. By leveraging the company's strengths as a local player, Quikr has seized a tremendous opportunity in a rapidly growing market," Tiger Global Management Partner Lee Fixel said.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India