Quikr secures $60 million funding from investors
Online classifieds firm Quikr today said it has raised USD 60 million funding for business expansion, says a PTI report.September 18, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds firm Quikr today said it has raised USD 60 million funding for business expansion, says a PTI report.
Tiger Global Management along with all existing investors in the company participated in the funding, Quikr said. The current investors are Kinnevik, Matrix Partners India, Nokia Growth Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Omidyar Network, Warburg Pincus and eBay Inc.
"The explosive growth in mobile Internet is fundamentally reshaping the Indian classified Internet market, and we are well-positioned to be at the forefront of growth," Quikr founder and CEO Pranay Chulet said in a statement.
Besides, Quikr is a large-scale cross-category online classifieds business with more than 30 million monthly consumer and small businesses users in 940 cities, according toPTI.
"Quikr has grown rapidly to become one of India's major classifieds players with a deep understanding of the local market. By leveraging the company's strengths as a local player, Quikr has seized a tremendous opportunity in a rapidly growing market," Tiger Global Management Partner Lee Fixel said.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India