Reliance Retail-Yashraj in JV for expansions
Recently, India’s leading Industrialist Mukesh Ambani
August 23, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Recently, India’s leading Industrialist Mukesh Ambani, CMD, Reliance Industries has forayed in the reel world by tieing up with Yashraj Films.
Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Retail and Yashraj Films may float a 74:26 JV to develop multiplexes, run entertainment channels and produce soap operas for television. The new company formed out of this Joint Venture would work out upcoming malls of Reliance Retail nationwide to bring more multiplexes.
“I love watching Bollywood movies and Yash Chopra is one of my favourite filmmakers. I have always believed that he has a Midas touch”, said Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Industries. The plans are to invest around Rs 200 crores in the new venture.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019