Reliance Retail ties up with Payless ShoeSource
Plans to open first franchise outlet soonNovember 14, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail has entered into a franchise agreement with US-based footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource.
Reliance Retail will open exclusive franchisee stores in India for consumers seeking value for money. The company has already created a page on social networking site Facebook as an advertisement campaign. It also runs a retail chain called Reliance Footprint and has about 128 stores in the country.
“Partnering with Reliance will further our vision of being the ‘go to’ shoe store that shoppers anywhere in the world can count on to be there for them and for their families, helping them look good every step of the way,” said Paul Jones, CEO of Payless Holdings.
A unique feature of Payless stores is its hard-to-find sizing for women and the unique right-sizing service for children.
“We believe this association has the potential to storm the ladies and kids footwear market in India which has largely been unorganised and fragmented to date. We look forward to launching these stores in India next year,” said G. Sankar, CEO Footwear business, Reliance Retail, in a statement.
Payless stores have well-known brands such as Airwalk, Dexter, Brash, and designer label Christian Siriano and children's brand Smartfit.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2