Reliance Retail ties up with Payless ShoeSource
Plans to open first franchise outlet soonNovember 14, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Reliance Retail has entered into a franchise agreement with US-based footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource.
Reliance Retail will open exclusive franchisee stores in India for consumers seeking value for money. The company has already created a page on social networking site Facebook as an advertisement campaign. It also runs a retail chain called Reliance Footprint and has about 128 stores in the country.
“Partnering with Reliance will further our vision of being the ‘go to’ shoe store that shoppers anywhere in the world can count on to be there for them and for their families, helping them look good every step of the way,” said Paul Jones, CEO of Payless Holdings.
A unique feature of Payless stores is its hard-to-find sizing for women and the unique right-sizing service for children.
“We believe this association has the potential to storm the ladies and kids footwear market in India which has largely been unorganised and fragmented to date. We look forward to launching these stores in India next year,” said G. Sankar, CEO Footwear business, Reliance Retail, in a statement.
Payless stores have well-known brands such as Airwalk, Dexter, Brash, and designer label Christian Siriano and children's brand Smartfit.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021