Rock.in & Aporv.com shut shop
Several e-commerce sites have shut recently, casting a gloom over the sector.May 17, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Rock.in, a Mumbai-based e-retailer and Aporv.com, a Bangalore-based online marketplace for Indian handicrafts, have shut shop over the past couple of days. Rock.in was launched in 2012, while Aporv.com was founded in 2009. Retailer had recently spoken to Aashish Puri, Founder of Rock.in, and he had given no indications of a possible winding up of his operations. Puri was not available for comments on the latest development.
Aporv.com portal displayed, “Thank you for visiting us and we are not accepting any orders.” It is not known why the website shut. A number of e-commerce sites have shut recently including Timtara, Urbantouch and Seventymm.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore