Rock.in & Aporv.com shut shop
Several e-commerce sites have shut recently, casting a gloom over the sector.May 17, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Rock.in, a Mumbai-based e-retailer and Aporv.com, a Bangalore-based online marketplace for Indian handicrafts, have shut shop over the past couple of days. Rock.in was launched in 2012, while Aporv.com was founded in 2009. Retailer had recently spoken to Aashish Puri, Founder of Rock.in, and he had given no indications of a possible winding up of his operations. Puri was not available for comments on the latest development.
Aporv.com portal displayed, “Thank you for visiting us and we are not accepting any orders.” It is not known why the website shut. A number of e-commerce sites have shut recently including Timtara, Urbantouch and Seventymm.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021