SAP India president passes away
Ranjan Das, President, SAP India, died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He was 42. Das had been with SAP for over eight years and moved to Mumbai in 2007 after taking over as Head of SAP India.
October 22, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Ranjan Das, President, SAP India, died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He was 42. Das had been with SAP for over eight years and moved to Mumbai in 2007 after taking over as Head of SAP India. Born and raised in India, Das received a scholarship to study at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. He then went on to attain an MBA from Harvard Business School. A seasoned entrepreneurial technology executive with over 15 years of experience in both global and start-up software companies, he was among the few who were responsible for making India SAP’s fastest growing regions. Last year the firm announced that SAP India was the jewel in the crown of SAP worldwide. Das also co-founded SAP x Apps and established it into one of the fastest growing businesses for the company. He also assumed the lead role in integrating the sales model and resources from acquired companies, including Virsa, Lighthammer and Frictionless Commerce, into SAP. In an official statement the company said: "SAP is deeply saddened by the news that our colleague Ranjan Das has passed away suddenly today. This comes as a great shock to all of us within the SAP family and is felt most profoundly by every one of us. We will be sharing more information once we have had the opportunity to further understand the family's wishes."
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform