SPAR’s first Hypermarket in New Delhi
SPAR, the world’s largest independent food retail chain
January 28, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPAR, the world’s largest independent food retail chain spread across 33 countries, unveiled its first hypermarket in the capital, perhaps New Delhi’s biggest, spread over 74000 sq. ft on a single floor. Max Hypermarkets India Pvt. Ltd. (part of the Dubai based Landmark Group) has a licence agreement with SPAR International to open SPAR stores in India. This large-format SPAR store is located at the Pacific, Tagore Garden, West Delhi. This is the 6th SPAR store in India, with the other 5 located in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mangalore.
Speaking on the occasion, Viney Singh, Managing Director, Max Hypermarket India Pvt. Ltd, said “We hope to take the shopping experience in Delhi to a new level. At SPAR we get international best practices and adapt them to best suit needs of the local shopper. Also because of our sharp pricing, promotions, loyalty programme, the largest fresh produce section and customer-centric service, our customers look forward to shopping with us every week.”
SPAR promises truly international shopping standards at Indian prices. The customer experience is unparalled. The international store design and layouts at SPAR promise the customer an easy and hassle-free shopping experience. For ease of shopping, the categories on offer are merchandised in “worlds” i.e Children, Living, Kitchen, Apparel, Gifting, Electronics, Fresh produce (including fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, delicatessen and an in-store bakery), speciality food concepts, Staples, Health and Beauty , FMCG food, Wine and Beer and an eatery.
The SPAR hypermarket has the widest range of over 50,000 products on offer in a single store catering to the needs of quality and value-conscious customers.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore