SPAR’s first Hypermarket in New Delhi
SPAR, the world’s largest independent food retail chain
January 28, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPAR, the world’s largest independent food retail chain spread across 33 countries, unveiled its first hypermarket in the capital, perhaps New Delhi’s biggest, spread over 74000 sq. ft on a single floor. Max Hypermarkets India Pvt. Ltd. (part of the Dubai based Landmark Group) has a licence agreement with SPAR International to open SPAR stores in India. This large-format SPAR store is located at the Pacific, Tagore Garden, West Delhi. This is the 6th SPAR store in India, with the other 5 located in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mangalore.
Speaking on the occasion, Viney Singh, Managing Director, Max Hypermarket India Pvt. Ltd, said “We hope to take the shopping experience in Delhi to a new level. At SPAR we get international best practices and adapt them to best suit needs of the local shopper. Also because of our sharp pricing, promotions, loyalty programme, the largest fresh produce section and customer-centric service, our customers look forward to shopping with us every week.”
SPAR promises truly international shopping standards at Indian prices. The customer experience is unparalled. The international store design and layouts at SPAR promise the customer an easy and hassle-free shopping experience. For ease of shopping, the categories on offer are merchandised in “worlds” i.e Children, Living, Kitchen, Apparel, Gifting, Electronics, Fresh produce (including fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, delicatessen and an in-store bakery), speciality food concepts, Staples, Health and Beauty , FMCG food, Wine and Beer and an eatery.
The SPAR hypermarket has the widest range of over 50,000 products on offer in a single store catering to the needs of quality and value-conscious customers.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021