SPORTXS, first store in Ahmedabad
SPORTXS, India’s first and largest organised ‘Sports Gear’ retail destination
October 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPORTXS, India’s first and largest organised ‘Sports Gear’ retail destination has launched its first store in the west region through Ahmedabad. In keeping with its expansion plans, this is the third store in the chain of stores to be opened. An investment of Rs. 10 Crore will be backing the entry into other locations such as Chennai, Mysore, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore within the next one year.
Spread over an expanse of 4500 sq ft, the store is located at Gulmohar Park Mall in Ahmedabad to promote sports as the culture and encourage budding sports achievers.
SPORTXS has launched “SPORTXS Young Achievers Awards”, an initiative which felicitated 11 children from the city with the sponsorship worth Rs. 3000 to Rs.10000 for 2 years in the form of SPORTXS Gift Vouchers.
Speaking at the launch, Zahir Laliwala, CEO of SportXS said, “We are excited to launch our third store in our hometown Ahmedabad, which has always had an excellent potential for sports & fitness. The enthusiasm among people here is evident with the fact that there are 7 star sports facilities in clubs which are extensively used by sports and fitness enthusiasts. This is instrumental in spreading awareness about different kinds of sport and imbibing this culture in the city. We hope to create sport enthusiasts out of children as young as 5 and individuals as old as 70.”
SPORTXS has a wide range of quality gear for any sporting requirement and is appropriate for anyone looking to take up sport as a hobby or competitive players on the lookout of professional equipment. With a cycling club in the city, people of Ahmedabad would now have access to a one stop shopping destination for all their cycling equipment and accessories at SPORTXS.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India