Schneider Electric enters into Retail
The company plans to open 4000 more retail outlets by 2012
June 28, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Schneider Electric India announced a national retail rollout for its switches, sockets and distribution systems for the home and SMB (small and medium business) market segments. The retail initiative kicks off with the launch of ZENcelo and Vivace range of switches and the NeoBreak distribution systems in a phased manner that begins with Maharashtra, followed by similar rollouts in Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu over the next few months. The national rollout will be complete by 2012.
As part of the retail initiative, Schneider Electric aims to appoint 4000 retail outlets by 2012. All the products across categories will be available under the Schneider Electric brand.
Commenting on the launch of the retail initiative, Olivier Blum, Managing Director, Schneider Electric India, said, "We are extremely pleased to enter the retail market with a diverse range of products that target the home and SMB segments. The Indian consumer today expects world class quality, service and aesthetics at an affordable price. We believe that Schneider Electric's legacy of innovation backed by its engineering and manufacturing expertise can fulfill these expectations." He further added, "Our retail partners are key to the success of this initiative and we are committed to a partnership that results in a better consumer experience."
In an industry first, a customised Schneider Electric mobile application will enable authorised retail partners to place orders 24x7. This will result in faster delivery of stocks and will allow real-time tracking of orders and deliveries.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn