Shoppers Stop to open 24 stores
The company plans to open 24 more stores by FY14, taking the number from 38 to 62 stores in the country
June 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
K Raheja Group-owned Shoppers Stop plans to open 24 stores by FY14.
"We plan to open 24 new stores in the next three years. To start with, we would be opening eight-nine Shoppers Stop stores in the current fiscal," Group Chief Financial Officer, C B Navalkar said.
Presently, the company has 38 stores across the country, with a total retail space of about 2.3-million square feet. Apart from the Shoppers Stop departmental stores, the company has five specialty retail formats like Home Stop (home furnishing), Mothercare (baby care), Crosswords (books & music), Estee Lauder (cosmetics) and Mac (cosmetics).
The company is also present in the hypermarket space at 9 locations across the country through its 51% subsidiary-—Hypercity (food, grocery and general merchandise).
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021