Spice Retail to acquire Global Access
Spice Retail Ltd has announced acquisition of ‘Global Access’, a prominent Karnataka-based retail chain. The acquisition will move Spice Retail to a dominant position to tap the state as well as the r
January 22, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Spice Retail Ltd has announced acquisition of ‘Global Access’, a prominent Karnataka-based retail chain. The acquisition will move Spice Retail to a dominant position to tap the state as well as the regional market.
Commenting on the acquisition Mr Dilip Modi, Managing Director, Spice Televentures said, “Global Access has been a strong regional brand. This acquisition will bring in presence, expertise and experience of their retail business in the region and unleash a force multiplier that generates value for the business as well as for the customer across segments. This is but a step towards a larger goal.”
Spice Retail also has aggressive expansion plans, aiming to reach its audiences in many more ways than just mobility and IT products. It will soon be adding products in categories like imaging, gaming etc, which will be supplemented by various other innovative services & products.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG