Starbucks' India journey begins Sep
Plans 40 stores by December at hotels and high-street malls.June 26, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Starbucks Coffee plans to open around 40 stores by end of this year of which equal number of stores will come up at hotels and high street malls.
Starbucks along with its joint venture partner Tata Group have already signed 14 properties across New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. Its debut store will come up at Mumbai in the coming three to four months. They are looking at opening a couple of stores initially in each of the cities.
The properties finalised in hotels include the Ambassador and President hotels under the Vivanta by Taj label. Besides properties that come under the Tata label, they are also in talks with brands like Marriot for opening stores.
Investment to the tune of Rs 100-150 crore will be infused this year alone. The coming years will see an additional investment of about Rs 400 crore being pumped in. In the initial stage, the stores will have a blending of the lounge as well as takeaway facilities.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category