Starbucks' India journey begins Sep
Plans 40 stores by December at hotels and high-street malls.June 26, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
Starbucks Coffee plans to open around 40 stores by end of this year of which equal number of stores will come up at hotels and high street malls.
Starbucks along with its joint venture partner Tata Group have already signed 14 properties across New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. Its debut store will come up at Mumbai in the coming three to four months. They are looking at opening a couple of stores initially in each of the cities.
The properties finalised in hotels include the Ambassador and President hotels under the Vivanta by Taj label. Besides properties that come under the Tata label, they are also in talks with brands like Marriot for opening stores.
Investment to the tune of Rs 100-150 crore will be infused this year alone. The coming years will see an additional investment of about Rs 400 crore being pumped in. In the initial stage, the stores will have a blending of the lounge as well as takeaway facilities.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019