Steel Hypermarket of Essar Steel set to increase its touch points
Essar Steel is planning to increase the footprint of its retail brand “Steel Hypermarket” overseas.
May 14, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Essar Steel is planning to increase the footprint of its retail brand “Steel Hypermarket” overseas. A company official has revealed that Rs.300 crore has been earmarked for setting up 40 outlets abroad. Ganesh Pai, General Manager - Corporate Communications of Essar Group informed that Steel Hypermarket is currently present in Indonesia. He informs, “The retail business operates through hub and spoke model where in hyper marts are hubs and express marts are spoke. The Express Marts generally book orders and will be supplied thorugh Hypermarket. The Express Marts are through franchisees and currently 100 (approx) Express Marts are operational.” “The franchisees will operate as a company representative to effect sales of steel products. Essar Steel will provide marketing support”, he further adds.
- Liberty Lifestyle to target millennials for luxury perfume range
- Nestle eyes 3 per cent sales growth
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket
- Amazon.in sees its biggest celebration everwith record sales across all categories
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities