Steel Hypermarket of Essar Steel set to increase its touch points
Essar Steel is planning to increase the footprint of its retail brand “Steel Hypermarket” overseas.
May 14, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Essar Steel is planning to increase the footprint of its retail brand “Steel Hypermarket” overseas. A company official has revealed that Rs.300 crore has been earmarked for setting up 40 outlets abroad. Ganesh Pai, General Manager - Corporate Communications of Essar Group informed that Steel Hypermarket is currently present in Indonesia. He informs, “The retail business operates through hub and spoke model where in hyper marts are hubs and express marts are spoke. The Express Marts generally book orders and will be supplied thorugh Hypermarket. The Express Marts are through franchisees and currently 100 (approx) Express Marts are operational.” “The franchisees will operate as a company representative to effect sales of steel products. Essar Steel will provide marketing support”, he further adds.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG