Symphony to double network
Dealership network to expand to 20,000.
Tags: Symphony Ltd.April 12, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s largest air cooler company, Symphony Limited, is speeding ahead to expand as well as grab a bigger pie of the country’s cooler market by doubling its dealer network to 20,000- plus in the next one year. For this summer, the company has also introduced a new high-end cooler ‘Storm’, which will give cooling for larger spaces of up to 1,000 square feet. Symphony Storm is the only domestic cooler in the world with a capacity to cool such a large area.
Elaborating on the retail network expansion, Achal Bakeri, Chairman and Managing Director of Symphony Ltd, said, “One of the key drivers for Symphony’s growth has been the rapid expansion of its network, which has grown from 3,000 to 10,200 over the last three years. The number of distributors will also be increased from around 550 currently to over 850 in the next one year. With a presence in 3,500 cities across India, the company has the largest market share of 45 per cent. But, the scope for growth is still enormous as the unorganised sector still accounts for nearly half of the approximate Rs 1,000 crore air cooler market in the country.”
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay