Top deck reshuffle
Reshuffle lifestyle fashion and food retail businesses.March 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The AV Birla group has undergone a rejig of the top deck of lifestyle fashion and food retail businesses. With the reshuffle, Thomas Varghese, Aditya Birla Retail's (ABRL) Chief Executive, will now head the group's textile division, replaced by Pranab Barua, CEO of Textiles & Apparel division at Aditya Birla Nuvo.
For Barua, this his second time with the food and grocery retailing space at Aditya Birla. He came into the Aditya Birla group after the company acquired Trinethra Retail in 2007, which gave it access to over 500,000 square feet of retail space through 170 stores.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021