Top deck reshuffle
Reshuffle lifestyle fashion and food retail businesses.March 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The AV Birla group has undergone a rejig of the top deck of lifestyle fashion and food retail businesses. With the reshuffle, Thomas Varghese, Aditya Birla Retail's (ABRL) Chief Executive, will now head the group's textile division, replaced by Pranab Barua, CEO of Textiles & Apparel division at Aditya Birla Nuvo.
For Barua, this his second time with the food and grocery retailing space at Aditya Birla. He came into the Aditya Birla group after the company acquired Trinethra Retail in 2007, which gave it access to over 500,000 square feet of retail space through 170 stores.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category