UP Village renames itself ‘Snapdeal.com Nagar’
This is in reciprocation of Snapdeal.com enabling access to clean water to the village
June 18, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Snapdeal.com, India’s fastest growing e-commerce company has taken an important step as part of the company’s vision to be a socially responsible organization. The one-year old company has adopted a village called Shiv Nagar, in Uttar Pradesh. The initiative, which is first of its kind in this space, will involve partnering with the village in developing its infrastructure and basic amenities.
To begin with, Snapdeal.com is resolving the foremost issue of unavailability of portable drinking water in the area by installing water pumps. Subsequently, Snapdeal will extend support to the local school and hospital as well.
Kunal Bahl, CEO of Snapdeal.com, believes that this is the company’s way of giving back to the society. “We are glad to contribute and support the villagers in various infrastructure needs such as creating provisions for drinking water, and also help them with necessary inputs for their upcoming school and hospital in a long term association with the community.”
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazÃ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group