UP Village renames itself ‘Snapdeal.com Nagar’
This is in reciprocation of Snapdeal.com enabling access to clean water to the village
June 18, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Snapdeal.com, India’s fastest growing e-commerce company has taken an important step as part of the company’s vision to be a socially responsible organization. The one-year old company has adopted a village called Shiv Nagar, in Uttar Pradesh. The initiative, which is first of its kind in this space, will involve partnering with the village in developing its infrastructure and basic amenities.
To begin with, Snapdeal.com is resolving the foremost issue of unavailability of portable drinking water in the area by installing water pumps. Subsequently, Snapdeal will extend support to the local school and hospital as well.
Kunal Bahl, CEO of Snapdeal.com, believes that this is the company’s way of giving back to the society. “We are glad to contribute and support the villagers in various infrastructure needs such as creating provisions for drinking water, and also help them with necessary inputs for their upcoming school and hospital in a long term association with the community.”
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG