W plans 100 stores by end of next fiscal
W, the leading contemporary Indian women’s
January 05, 2011 | comments ( 1 ) |
W, the leading contemporary Indian women’s wear brand recently announced its aggressive plans to open 100 stand alone retail stores by end of financial year 2011-12. Currently, the brand has 60 exclusive stores across 25 cities in India. W is also available through over 500 other outlets, which is a mix of department stores and multi-brand stores.
The expansion drive has already begun with W opening 20 new stores in last quarter alone and doubling its retail footprint this year. Besides focusing on opening new stores in Tier 1 cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, W has ventured into Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets like Jalandhar, Meerut, Bhopal, Coimbatore and Kanpur.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Anant Daga, CEO, W said, “W has a unique take on contemporary Indian wear and has been consistently reinventing fashion for the new age Indian woman. We plan to more than double our retail footprint and are targeting opening of 100 stores before the end of next fiscal. Apart from strengthening presence in Tier 1 markets which still has huge untapped potential, we are looking aggressively at establishing presence across key Tier 2 markets.”
With aggressive retail expansion on its way, W looks all set to change the fashion landscape across geographies.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2