W plans 100 stores by end of next fiscal
W, the leading contemporary Indian women’s
January 05, 2011 | comments ( 1 ) |
W, the leading contemporary Indian women’s wear brand recently announced its aggressive plans to open 100 stand alone retail stores by end of financial year 2011-12. Currently, the brand has 60 exclusive stores across 25 cities in India. W is also available through over 500 other outlets, which is a mix of department stores and multi-brand stores.
The expansion drive has already begun with W opening 20 new stores in last quarter alone and doubling its retail footprint this year. Besides focusing on opening new stores in Tier 1 cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, W has ventured into Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets like Jalandhar, Meerut, Bhopal, Coimbatore and Kanpur.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Anant Daga, CEO, W said, “W has a unique take on contemporary Indian wear and has been consistently reinventing fashion for the new age Indian woman. We plan to more than double our retail footprint and are targeting opening of 100 stores before the end of next fiscal. Apart from strengthening presence in Tier 1 markets which still has huge untapped potential, we are looking aggressively at establishing presence across key Tier 2 markets.”
With aggressive retail expansion on its way, W looks all set to change the fashion landscape across geographies.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021