Woolmark’s hunt ends
International Woolmark Prize India Award winner announced.
Tags: WoolmarkJuly 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Woolmark Company relaunched the International Woolmark Prize this year to help promote outstanding design talent from around the world. This year it was Pankaj and Nidhi who were announced as the winner for the International Woolmark Prize India Award. The Judges deciding the winner for the award were Priya Tanna, Editor-in-Chief – Vogue India, Pradeep Hirani, CMD – Kimaya Fashion Private Limited, Simon P Lock, Founder of Australian Fashion Week, Sunil Sethi, President –Fashion Design Council of India.
This competition has crossed borders to identify outstanding hidden talent from the fashion industry. There are five regional competitions - USA, Europe, China, Australia and India – over 70 nominees across 15 countries began the journey in 2012 which will come down to one designer.
The winners of each regional competition receive a financial grant and will travel to London courtesy of The Woolmark Company to London Fashion Week in February 2013 where they will present an entire capsule collection of Australian Merino wool and an international winner will be selected. The international winner will have his/her designs stocked by leading global retailers including Bergdorf Goodman in the USA.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store