Woolmark’s hunt ends
International Woolmark Prize India Award winner announced.
Tags: WoolmarkJuly 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Woolmark Company relaunched the International Woolmark Prize this year to help promote outstanding design talent from around the world. This year it was Pankaj and Nidhi who were announced as the winner for the International Woolmark Prize India Award. The Judges deciding the winner for the award were Priya Tanna, Editor-in-Chief – Vogue India, Pradeep Hirani, CMD – Kimaya Fashion Private Limited, Simon P Lock, Founder of Australian Fashion Week, Sunil Sethi, President –Fashion Design Council of India.
This competition has crossed borders to identify outstanding hidden talent from the fashion industry. There are five regional competitions - USA, Europe, China, Australia and India – over 70 nominees across 15 countries began the journey in 2012 which will come down to one designer.
The winners of each regional competition receive a financial grant and will travel to London courtesy of The Woolmark Company to London Fashion Week in February 2013 where they will present an entire capsule collection of Australian Merino wool and an international winner will be selected. The international winner will have his/her designs stocked by leading global retailers including Bergdorf Goodman in the USA.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group