Yebhi.com gets new CBO
Nikhil Rungta from Google take the position.March 06, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Google India's - Country Marketing Head, Nikhil Rungta joins Yebhi.com. Nikhil has been appointed as the CBO (Chief Business Officer) and will be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of the company's sales, marketing & product development.
Commenting on the appointment, Manmohan Agarwal, CEO, Big Shoe Bazaar said, “We are extremely happy to welcome Nikhil to the Yebhi team. He brings with him wealth of experience and knowledge after serving more than 15 years with leading organizations .We are confident that he will have a similar success at Yebhi.com.”
Nikhil Rungta, added, “This is a new challenge and I am very excited as I get onto this new journey. I will be teeing off with a new TV campaign based on the concept of ‘Try and Buy’. The new feature ‘Try n Buy’ initiated by Yebhi will be the game changer for the E-commerce category and will help in taking the category to the next level. The campaign came from a deep understanding of how consumers buy online and the fact that one of the biggest barriers to purchase is lack of touch and feel of the product. Now the consumer can order products through Yebhi.com and only buy after trying or checking out the product.”
“In the last few years Yebhi.com has built a great ecommerce business with a impressive catalog of products and best-in-class fulfillment, the third pillar they want to now strengthen is brand building. Having build brands like Yatra.com, Chrome and Youtube in India, this is tailor-made opportunity for me".
Nikhil was the Country Marketing Head at Google since 2009. He was responsible for all Google products including Search, Youtube, Chrome, Google+, Android etc. He also launched ecosystem shaping initiatives like Get India Business Online (GIBO) and the Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF). Prior to Google he was the Head of Marketing for Yatra.com where he was a part of the leadership team.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end