Amul to set up dairy unit in Thane
The plant will collect around 10 lakh litres of milk daily.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amul will soon be setting up a dairy unit in Thane, Maharashtra. Divulging details, K. Ratnam, General Manager, Amul said, "The first unit will come up in the Vasai area. The plant will collect around 10 lakh litres of milk daily. This unit will be larger than the Rajgurunagar unit in Pune which was set up sometime back. There is large-scale production of milk in Vasai-Virar region, and there are not too many local dairies so that will offer Amul a lot of opportunities."
Amul plans to invest Rs 3,000 crore on building nine new plants and improving the capacity of the existing ones. For the same, they will be borrowing money from National Dairy Plan and other commercial banks.
Amul is targeting to achieve a turnover of Rs 14,400 crore this year. For the past five years, their growth has been around 20 per cent. Milk contributes to around 40 per cent of the revenue. Per day milk procurement by Amul is over 140 lakh litres. By 2018-19, the target turnover will cross 30,000 crore.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2