Amul to set up dairy unit in Thane
The plant will collect around 10 lakh litres of milk daily.December 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amul will soon be setting up a dairy unit in Thane, Maharashtra. Divulging details, K. Ratnam, General Manager, Amul said, "The first unit will come up in the Vasai area. The plant will collect around 10 lakh litres of milk daily. This unit will be larger than the Rajgurunagar unit in Pune which was set up sometime back. There is large-scale production of milk in Vasai-Virar region, and there are not too many local dairies so that will offer Amul a lot of opportunities."
Amul plans to invest Rs 3,000 crore on building nine new plants and improving the capacity of the existing ones. For the same, they will be borrowing money from National Dairy Plan and other commercial banks.
Amul is targeting to achieve a turnover of Rs 14,400 crore this year. For the past five years, their growth has been around 20 per cent. Milk contributes to around 40 per cent of the revenue. Per day milk procurement by Amul is over 140 lakh litres. By 2018-19, the target turnover will cross 30,000 crore.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021