Bestseller to buy M and M for up to 140 million pounds
M and M is owned by global growth private equity firm TA Associates since 2007.June 16, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
By Indian Retailer Bureau
Danish fashion group Bestseller has inked deal to buy M and M Direct Ltd, British online and mail order retailer, from its private equity owners for up to 140 million pounds ($235 million).
M and M is owned by global growth private equity firm TA Associates since 2007.
The sale is contingent upon standard regulatory clearance and is expected to be completed within eight weeks. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
M and M is one of Europe’s leading online and mail order retailers of discounted lifestyle, fashion and sports apparel and footwear.
The company has dedicated local market websites covering the UK, German, French, Austrian, Dutch and Polish markets, and also serves more than 20 additional countries worldwide.
The shareholders in M and M were advised by Canaccord Genuity Limited and Macfarlanes LLP.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021