Posts a 52 per cent rise in net profits.May 14, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Jubilant FoodWorks, which operates Domino’s, posted an increase of 52 per cent in net profit at Rs 29.3 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. The rise is driven by an increase in sales and expanded store network. It has seen a jump of Rs 10 crores for the same period of the previous financial year.
The total income stood at Rs 284.87 crore during the quarter under review up 46.4 per cent against Rs 194.6 crore during the year ago period.
The total income during the period under review stood at Rs 1,023.3 crore up 50.5 per cent against Rs 680 crore during the previous year.
"Throughout the quarter, we continued to stay focussed on sustained and disciplined investment in our growth initiatives, which has enabled us to yield healthy results for all our stakeholders. The progress we are making is very encouraging, particularly as we continue to invest in new stores and offerings," said Ajay Kail, Chief executive officer (CEO), Jubilant FoodWorks.
The firm plans to set up 90 new Domino's stores in India in the current financial year and 10 new stores for Dunkin' Donuts. It has planned an investment of Rs 150 crore during the current fiscal.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn