LocalBanya receives Series A funding
The website receives 400 orders on daily basisJanuary 13, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
LocalBanya.com has received Series A funding from Karmvir Avant Group. In light of the recent funding crunch across the industries, this development is great news for e-tailing start-ups.
Speaking on the same, Rashi Choudhary, Co-founder, LocalBanya, said, “This cash inflow is a great vote of confidence in LocalBanya’s vision and empowers us with the resources to scale up operations, recruiting and marketing efforts which in turn will fuel growth.”
LocalBanya has been aggressive with its marketing efforts, which have been further amplified by an intensive campaign for its extension of services to Thane and Navi Mumbai. The website processes around 400 deliveries everyday with a team of over 100 employees.
Karmvir Avant Group has recently made investments in several start-ups in the hospitality and IT domain and are looking to add to their portfolio with this deal and were introduced to the opportunity through Delhi-based financial advisory firm Highstreet Corporate Advisors.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO