M&S eyes India-centric expansion
Plans 100 stores in the country by 2016April 03, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The British retail giant - Marks & Spencer (M&S) plans to focus on India as part of its overseas expansion strategy. M&S has already earmarked 20 locations in India for its lingerie and beauty concept, which is smaller than the company's traditional stores.
And, this retailer plans to have 100 stores in the country by 2016, and it is also focusing on expansion via franchises and partnerships, such as those with Reliance Industries.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2