M&S eyes India-centric expansion
Plans 100 stores in the country by 2016April 03, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The British retail giant - Marks & Spencer (M&S) plans to focus on India as part of its overseas expansion strategy. M&S has already earmarked 20 locations in India for its lingerie and beauty concept, which is smaller than the company's traditional stores.
And, this retailer plans to have 100 stores in the country by 2016, and it is also focusing on expansion via franchises and partnerships, such as those with Reliance Industries.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India