How is Vishaal De Mal promoting metropolitan culture in Madurai?

Vishaal de Mal is a retail destination with 95 per cent occupancy while housing multi branded shops to become single stop shopping destination.
Vishaal De Mal

Dubbed as the first large-format mall of south Tamil Nadu, Vishaal de Mal is the second most talked about destination in Madurai, only after Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple. Housing 23 branded showrooms that stock over 200 brands, the mall is city’s first step towards metropolitan culture.

As a premier in this line of business and being the first of its kind in the Southern Tamilnadu, Vishaal de Mal is a retail destination with 95 per cent occupancy while housing multi branded shops to become single stop shopping destination. The presence of five screens INOX explains the competency of the Mall which speaks about the infrastructure requirements.

The Tenant Mix of Vishaal de Mall is 45 per cent being Retail and 30 per cent Cinemas (INOX Multiplex) and rest being the other occupants.

N Bhuvaneshwari Ilangovan, MD, Vishaal Promoters Pvt Ltd informed, “We have dedicated eight per cent of mall space to Food Court, six per cent to electronics segment, two per cent for kids’ zone and nine per cent to Fun & Entertainment. With regard to lease period, 90 per cent of our tenants are with us since the inception of the Mall in 2012. The rest 10 per cent have been replaced considering the brand value and customer retention”.

Re-invention done

Recently the mall has strategized re-invention initiatives and thus has witnessed 38 per cent increase in the footfall this year as compared to last year. The MD shared, “We received a record footfall of 2.7 lakh plus footfalls in the month of November 2015. Moreover there was footfall record of 29,000 on 9th November 2015”.

Future plans

They aim to gain the repute as the best (Green) mall at a national level. Also, they are looking to get the certification from IGBC Green existing building. An international certification for quality and service (ISO 9001:2008 for Malls) is also the priority, to emerge as an undisputed landmark in Madurai.

 

Publish Date
Not Sponsored
Live: People Reading Now
 
 
 
 
TRENDING ARTICLE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU